HISTORY

Jamberoo Bowling and Recreation Club

The first move to form the Jamberoo Bowling Club took place on 12th July, 1950 when
29 men attended an inaugural meeting, chaired by the Mayor and held in the then School
of Arts.

The club's first premises consisted of a 14' X 14' shed, since taken up by the soil and machinery. This was followed a little later by the first clubhouse, opened by the President of the Royal NSWBA on 11th March 1956.In 1971 the land which is now the front car park and also extended through to the rear of the clubhouse, was purchased to allow future extensions to the clubhouse and parking facilities.

 

This was a feather in the cap of President Hilton Alexander and his then committee for showing such forethought.

Since foundation the club has had the services of four greenkeepers each of whom has added their individual touch to the Greens. Our current greenkeeper continues to bring our greens to tip-top condition and they are always sought after for zone matches with many players and officials highly complimentary in their remarks on the condition of the greens.

Jamberoo Bowlo Membership Due